Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Post for the Public Good

Having reviewed certain circumstances relating to a recently posted advertisement for a movie around town and school, I must encourage my readers not to go and view the Left Behind movie--unless seeing it as a fictional work.

This is not to say that the Book of Revelation and Salvation are not completely true, but this is to say that the movie depicts both in a very Hollywood manner. I discourage seeing this movie because of the religious opinions it implies, chiefly that those left at the Rapture have a second chance. When Christ comes for His Church, we've officially abandoned ship. There will be no second redemption for man--in this I encourage you all to read the Bible itself, and not the (though creative) fictional accounts of the last days of Earth.

For a more complete reasoning behind this semi-boycott, see Pastor Ketcham--he can explain it better than I can.

If you happen to agree with this, please share the message with those you care about. Good fiction, the movie may be--but few people will be able to tell the difference.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mithrandir said...

I'd like to keep the comments on this blog serious and to the point. So..ones like Mike's here will be deleted from now on.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Mikey06 said...

SOO? Are you implying that my comments are silly and drawn out? Serious and to the point, indeed. I wish you would just listen to yourself talk once in a while- you'd probably puke. I take dramamine every morning, anticipating your mindless banter that is so boring it makes me want to cry. What happened to the blog after this one? WHY did you delete it? Something inappropriate for the younger audiences? Well, I saw it. Again, it made me want to puke. But I saw it. And I'm going to tell the WHOLE WORLD, just you wait, you silly monkey. If there was a poll for the world's strangest little man, you'd win. Even Bush wouldn't have a chance. You've got that category dominated. Dominated by your smallness and strangeness. Dominated. Domdom. Dominated. Dom dum. Dom dum dumb. Dumb? You're dumb.
You haven't seen the last of my crazy comments.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Looking through the windows said...

Why did you delete those blogs?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Mithrandir said...

Personal reasons.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home