Friday, September 23, 2005

Holding Court

It's Saturday morning, 12:32 in the a.m. to be precise, and I've just finished what I plan to read at my next Writers' Club meeting. The later it gets and the tireder I become, the more philosophical my banter tends to be. For example, a distant friend of mine and I have been combining fuck with various suffixes in the hope that one of them will appeal to our love of obscene syntax. My typing obscene syntax goes to show that I, as you are already well aware, have too much time on my hands and too little to worry about. It's only natural that Mike will, with great love in his heart, comment that I am (verbatim) one 'Strange little man' within the proceeding days. Whereas I, being someone just far enough out of denial to admit being a strange little man, will receive it with much annoyance and block him on MSN until I regain my sense of generality.

As to the title of this post, I am mindful of today's announcement of the 2005 homecoming court. It was a terribly blasé prep..er..pep rally, that lasted either five minutes too little to spark my passions or five minutes too long, as to make me irritated. I don't begrudge the powers that be for sanctifying a time-tested tradition of separating the figurative curds from whey--this goes without saying that I, hardly a school spiritualist, find the whole lot to be very much pointless. My best sentiments go to those whose names were unceremoniously jerked from plastic cowboy hats--lest we forget your sacrifice. By all faculties of reason, it is you that exemplifies the very popularity contest that my sparse ilk and I measure to be the reason for poor interpersonal communication at AHS. I pardon myself for the tone of chastisement that last bit must have carried, but I don't apologize for having my say as to the politics of the jock, the blond, and the complacent voter.

Suffice to say, I'm happy to have no part in it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikey06 said...

Lighten up and enjoy your surroundings once, you Strange Little Man.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mithrandir said...

When Hell turns to wine.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Emma Grace said...

It's people like you that make Homecoming even more difficult for those of us who enjoy tradition and such things. I'm sorry if you think our world is preppy, sick, twisted, even demented; but that's all we've got. I don't insult you or your accomplishments, and I worked hard to plan that "irritating" pep rally where we pulled the names from the "plastic hats"..that was my idea. And scorning it over the internet is your free will and right, but I have a right to an opinion too. I think you are close-minded and should try and lighten up. People respond better when you act like you care about the world, and seem to have a good time. I hope you enjoyed your Homecoming, because the fiasco that happened on Saturday ruined a few peoples' nights. I don't have a grudge against you, or your opinion, just think about things from the other side. Put yourself in my shoes. If you claim to be wise, then why can't you see things from a different perspective?

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home