Thursday, August 04, 2005

The 27th Greatest Piece of Improvised Literature Ever Created By An American

Hello, readers and unfortunate clickers of the wrong link--it is I, your moral and intellectual leader himself. It has come to my attention that too much of my blog's content is pre-drafted and edited to the point that none of my hilarious and innocent typos could be appreciated. In the spirit of rawness (or perhaps lack of gumption) this post will be entirely unscreened for typos, mistyping, and political correctness.

As I sit here staring at a picture of a dead fish on the cover of Douglas Adams' So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, I ponder the nature of my relationship with all things aquatic. Surely, watching 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou' over DQ in the company of my slightly confused mother makes me an expert on the marine-homo sapien relationship. Therefore, I can say with all confidence that I've now forgotten the theme of the previous sentence and the meaning of its inclusion in this post, if ever there was any point to any of it.

I can already taste the smart ass comments this one is going to get from certain individuals named Michael who shall remained unnamed for the sake of congruity. This blog should serve as a great spiritual cornerstone for all of you out there who doubt my sanity. My having survived nearly 18 years with this perspective, set of values, and sense of humor is likely one of the strongest pieces of evidence in support of the existance of God. Not only His existance, but His boundless and quirky sense of humor that can only be fully appreciated when considering the irony of the human race.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I should be getting to bed so I can be nice and fresh for the man with the floride. Have you ever considered how boring that job must be? Picking around in people's rancid mouths searching for enamel flaws or easily-removable gold fillings? I leave you with this to chew on, and a brief and unwarranted mention of my seriously considering rejoining the British Empire.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikey06 said...

This one is too easy- I'll let Squire Justin take this one. It'll be good practice for him if her ever wants to succeed as being "like Mike".
But in my opinion, a little bit of every one of us died on August 8th, 1987. Even those of us who weren't even alive then.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Mithrandir said...

Heed not this one's impudence, Justin. You shall be my apprentice, and I shall lead you away from the ignorant blither this place and its false prophets. Learn to use the gray side of the Force, and you will achieve a power greater than [insert twenty-five cents now]...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Britts* said...

....i think i'll stay out of this....yes...thats a goo idea....

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home