Saturday, June 04, 2005

A Long Respite in the Valley of the Dull

A Saturday by any other name would be as boring.

Hello, friends. This was a boring day; an oddly long and boring day. I worked a bit for my dad, played a little X Box, made several dozen trips between various other rooms and my computer, and watched my messengers for signs of my drug. Never had I noticed before how slowly time goes when you're looking it in the face. Occupy yourself with something stimulating, spend time with someone you love--time vanishes in seconds. But pine over someone you love and find nothing to do and a day becomes a year. I believe there's a Christian music thing near Exira tonight...in about an hour, to be more precise. I think I'll wait here and dorkishly hang on AOL/MSN for another ten hours. Maybe I should get a real job.

Last night I wrote two poems, both of which I'm fond of. The first is a semi-disturbing piece based on a conversation Her Craziness and I had yesterday about the idea that those we lock in asylums are the sane and we (society) are insane, trying to keep those who could teach us something meaningful locked away. The second is a rhymish one, sort of a satire about a boy (this one?) seeing a shrink.

I hope you all liked my introduction to the Arnie the Seething Mailman series...I enjoyed writing it. Oh randomness, how I love thee...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikey06 said...

Why is it that the only comment I can think of for your blogs are "Um."??

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mithrandir said...

Because you lack iron in your diet.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home